Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY Wine Glass Charms




My "Ladies Craft & Wine Night" necessitated this DIY project.  I kinda wanted to do something cute to help the ladies differentiate between each others' wine glasses.  I had previously seen wine glass charms in stores and figured they'd be easy enough to attempt on my own.  I went on an internet search and surprisingly didn't find much.  I was hoping for some tutorials or cute ideas for inspiration - nada mucho.  So I attempted it and here they are...


I was able to raid my craft supplies and find a bunch of semi-coordinating beads.  I went to Michael's and purchased the earring wires you see in the picture above.  The pack came with 60 earring wires and was only about $1.50 after using a weekly Michael's coupon 40%.  I made various patterns with the beads so that each wine charm would be different and laid them out.  I strung the beads on the earring wire, then all I had to do was bend the earring wire end 90 degrees (*used a jewelry tool) so that the beads wouldn't fall off and voila!!! So easy!

Finished set, aren't they purdy?

Put them in a jewelry box...
and put a little sign next to them.

1 comment: