Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIY Message Board


Introducing the inaugural craft of the monthly(hopefully) Ladies Craft & Wine Night.  I found the inspiration original message board here.  With Valentine's day around the corner, I thought this would be a very cute gift to make and give.  Not all my friends are in a relationship so it was nice that this craft was versatile enough to make in a non-lovey dovey way. :)  The girls did such a great job letting their creative juices flow!

Supplies and Materials for this craft:
8x10 frame
scrapbook paper
felt
hot glue
scissors

Each lady was to bring their own 8x10 frame and then I provided the rest.  First they each choose one or more scrapbook pieces of paper and cut them to size.  I laid out a couple different versions of sayings to print on the scrapbook paper and the girls got creative with it.  You'll see in the pictures below that not all say, "I love you because...".  Yay for crafty friends!

After the message was printed on the chosen paper and put in the frame, the girls got a quick tutorial from yours truly on how to make felt rosettes.  I learned how from this tutorial. Some of the girls experimented with making ribbon rosettes, I still have not mastered that skill...but I will!



Here are some of the finished products:
 

 



 

Sorry some of them are sideways/upside-down - the uploader is giving me grief, but you get the point with a little head tilt ;)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! You are the best at inspiring beautiful arts and crafts.

    ReplyDelete