Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crochet a Chunky Scarf

I really like to crochet when I have some free time.  A perfect time to do it is on road trips or plane rides.  I can really zone out and before I know it the time has passed and my project is finished.

I recently asked a favor of a friend and promised a special surprise in return.  After some time spent in Hobby Lobby in the yarn isle, we ended up deciding on a thick yarn in an eggplant color.  I went searching for patterns that go well with the specific weight of yarn and found a really pretty one.  As a matter of fact when I was done crocheting it, I didn't want to give it up.  Luckily, it was easy and quick enough to work up that I can make one for myself in the near future.

Here are some pics. What do you think?





If you think you might want to give it a try, you can get the scarf pattern from the lion brand website directly.  It is considered an "easy" pattern, a little confusing at first, but if you just go with it, it begins to make more sense.  Even if you're a beginner, I think you'd be able to make this with little or no trouble.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment